The station in Skäralid was completed in 1892 when the track stretched in between Klippan and Röstånga. On the upper floor there was then a two-room apartment for the station inspector. Six years later, the railway from Röstånga to Eslöv (the southern main line) was extended. As traffic increased to Skäralid, as well as freight and passenger traffic, Skäralid's station needed to be expanded. In 1914 the station was ready as it looks today. The railway had its peak in the 1940s and a bit into the 1950s with freight transport for stone and timber.
Skäralid was now a major tourist attraction and during the weekends extra trains were set in from Malmö and Copenhagen. In line with increased private cars, the railway became less profitable and on 31 August 1961 the last passenger train went between Klippan and Eslöv. Freight traffic continued for another time. In 1968 all rail traffic was laid down for good to Skäralid.
The Yellow House, or as it was formerly called Lundgren's café, was built in 1925. The house was built as a private residence but the owners Elin and Per Svensson soon found the house too big and therefore opened the café and residences. The rooms were rented mainly to tourists, stonemasons and other temporary residents. There was a small house on the plot called "The Studio" which was also rented out. In 1956, the house was sold to BP petrol companies, which intended to open a gas station, but it never went off.
The house was sold instead and the new owner opened an antique store for a few years. After that, the house was left empty for many years in order to be bought by the Domains Agency at the end of the 1970s. 1981 Inaugurated Sweden's first natural school in the Yellow Villa. Unfortunately, the nature school was abandoned in the mid-1990s and instead Gula Villan became a hostel and tourist information for the municipality of Klippan.
Skäralids Camping is located in an old quarry. It began to break stone in Skäralid to a greater extent in 1906. By the time until the First World War in 1914 there were about 60 employees in the quarry. The stonemasons came from Småland, Blekinge and Bohuslän where there were old traditions of quarrying. In Skäralid many different kinds of stone were cut, such as paving stones, stairwells, but also finer stones as for cemetery walls and monuments.
Those who raised monuments were the most skilled stonemasons and were called "monuments". They were real artists. During the Second World War, much stone was exported to Germany and Hitler's monument. The quarry was abandoned in the early 1970s.
Skäralid and Kopparhatten have been visited by many people for over a hundred years. Nature tourism gained momentum at the end of the 19th century when the bourgeoisie's holiday and natural romance were fashionable. More people settled in the cities and the railroad to Skäralid meant that many could go here on an excursion and experience grand nature. The tourist hotel in Skäralid was built in 1906 and here the bourgeoisie could live and eat well.
Many Danes came here with direct trains (via the ferry) from Helsingør and Copenhagen. Dance tracks at Skärdammen and Kopparhatten attracted the "common people" from near and far. It was not uncommon to cycle to Skäralid from Simrishamn, Ystad and Trelleborg, a stretch of just over 10 miles!