The station in Skäralid was completed in 1892 when the section of line between Klippan and Röstånga was inaugurated. On the second floor there was a small apartment for the Station Inspector. Six years later the railroad was extended from Röstånga to Eslöv. Due to the increased traffic to Skäralid the station in Skäralid needed to be expanded. 1914 the station stood ready just as it is today. The railroad had its highlight period during the 1940s and part of the 50s with freight transport with rocks and timber. Even then Skäralid was a popular tourist attraction and during weekends there were special trains from Malmö and Copenhagen. When motoring became a more regular option for people the railroad became less profitable and August 31, 1961, the last train went between Klippan and Eslöv. The freight transport continued for some time, but in 1968 all rail traffic to Skäralid was closed down for good.
Gula Villan, which used to be called the Lundgren’s Café, was built in 1925. The house was originally a private residence, but the owners Elin and Per Svensson soon found it to be far too big and they decided to open a café and rooms for travellers. The rooms were leased to tourists mostly, stone cutters and other temporary accommodations. On the plot there was a small house called Ateljén (the Studio) which also could be leased. In 1956 the house was sold to the BP-petroleum company with the intentions of transforming it to a gasstation, but that never happened. The house was then sold again and the new owner opened up an antique store for a few years. After that it stood empty for a long time, when finally Domänverket bought it in the late 1970s. In 1981 Swedens first Nature School was opened in Gula Villan, but it closed in the middle of the 90s and Gula Villan was then remade into hostel and tourist information centre for the Klippan municipality.
The Skäralid Camping is situated in an old quarry. Quarrying started in Skäralid in 1906 and up to World War I the quarry had 60 employees. The stonecutters came from Swedish counties such as Småland, Blekinge and Bohuslän where they had a history of quarrying. In Skäralid a variety of stone was cut for different uses, and those who cut monuments were true artists and used to be called ”the Monumenters”. During World War II a great deal of stone was exported to Germany and Adolf Hitler’s monument. The quarry was closed in the beginning of the 1970s.
Nature Tourism started in the late 1800s during the middle-class vacation and when nature romance was very popular. More and more people chose to live in the cities and the railroad to Skäralid made it possible for everyone to take a trip out to the magnificent scenery. The Tourist Hotel in Skäralid was built in 1906 and here the middle-class could stay and enjoy a good meal. A lot of Danes went by direct train from Helsingör and Copenhagen. Dance-floors by Skärdammen and Kopparhatten attracted the working class from near and far. It was common to bicycle from Skäralid to Simrishamn, Ystad and Trelleborg, a distance of 10 Swedish miles!